Sometimes people tend to think that to detoxify is taking something off and they focus on what they cannot have except on receiving a benefit from the process. Not all detoxification methods are intense, nor do they leave you starving or generate a rebound effect by eating more than what we were prohibited during the process. There are many detox diets but there are also some things that will help you detoxify your body naturally. Here are 10 tips:
- Increase the production of Glutathione including vitamin C in your diet every day. Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that helps eliminate toxins from your body.
- Practice deep breathing for at least 5 minutes a day. It helps you relax, but it also allows oxygen to circulate throughout the entire system that helps detoxify the cells.
- Reduce or eliminate foods and drinks that tend to cause slowness , poor digestion and that contribute little or nothing to your nutrition. For example: alcohol, caffeinated beverages, cigarettes, refined sugars and processed foods.
- Change your personal cleaning products for natural products (toothpaste, shampoo, deodorants). There are even tutorials to make your own personal cleaning products for a minimum of what they cost in stores.
- Eat foods rich in fiber to improve the digestive process and eliminate what your body does not need. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, and small amounts of whole grains rich in fiber or seeds such as quinoa, buckwheat and oats.
- Sweat! Exercise causes detoxification through our sweat. Exercise in your favorite class (dance, zumba, etc). When exercising, blood circulates throughout the body bringing fresh oxygen and nutrients to the organs and muscles, while toxins are released through the pores of the skin.
- Drink more water! Drinking a lot of water every day helps eliminate toxins from the body. Drink 2 liters a day, (includes fruits and vegetables with a high water content or herbal teas). Discover the incredible benefits of drinking warm water with lemon every morning.
- Cruciferous vegetables are amazing! Cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and other vegetables from the same family provide a compound called sulforaphane, which offers a potent antioxidant activity that is anti-carcinogenic and anti-inflammatory. You can make rich coleslaw and fill yourself with vigor.
- Brush your body! Brushing dry skin is an easy and effective way to improve the appearance of the skin by regenerating cells; it also stimulates blood circulation and the lymphatic system. Improves the elimination of toxins!
- Massage your body! A large and firm massage releases the tension of your muscles. When pressure is placed on certain points, the accumulation of the toxin breaks down and is released. Once the toxins are released from the muscles, it is enough to drink plenty of water so that they leave through the urine.
You see, detoxification is not as scary as you thought. In fact, it can be very comforting.