A proper diet accompanied by regular physical exercise is the perfect combination to achieve reduce the accumulation of belly fat, gain health and look better. Getting rid of belly fat responds to more reasons than simply seeing ourselves better in the mirror. Abdominal fat is not aesthetic, we know; we do not like it, it’s clear; but above all, it is not healthy. The excessive contour of our belly is a direct predictor of multiple associated diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes or insulin resistance. Losing weight in this area the body is not easy and we will not get it from one day to the next: you need to be constant, put your will and improve your life habits.
Today in our space we want to help you in this purpose: losing belly fat is possible and we are going to show you how.
Did you Know? There are 7 Reasons why we Cannot Lose Belly Fat
1. You Still Consume too many Processed Foods
We can follow a diet and follow it faithfully. We can even meet the table of exercises that have recommended us and yet … What is it that we are doing wrong so that so much effort is not felt in our abdomen?
- One of the main reasons is in all that assortment of processed foods that we still consume: white bread, crackers and chips, refined sugar, carbonated drinks or sweeteners…
- Remember this fact: belly fat is associated with inflammation, so eating too many processed foods will make it difficult to lose belly fat.
2. You Think you Should Eliminate “all” Types of Fats from your Diet
There are people who do it, who says to themselves that “no fat” and eliminate much of those foods from their diet that, in reality, would help burn belly fat. In our space we tell you many times: there are good fats, monounsaturated fats.
“These have anti-inflammatory effects and help us take care of the heart and improve our weight”.
Do not hesitate for a moment, and add to your diet:
- Olive oil
- Sunflower seeds
- Fatty fish (like salmon)
3. You May not be Doing the Right Exercises
Sometimes it’s not enough to go out for a walk for half an hour, to go swimming, to dance, to do yoga…
- All these routines are healthy but, in reality, do not force us to work those “key areas” that are located in our abdominals, the pelvis, the sword…
- We must realize that to lose abdominal fat requires more effort; hence it is necessary to follow some very specific exercise tables for this purpose.
4. You Suffer a Lot of Stress
This data is important, because not everyone considers it, takes it into account and takes care of it. We may follow this fabulous diet that they have recommended to us, that we go to the gym and that a coach explains what exercises we should do to get a flat and perfect belly like an ironing board.
However, nothing works. For what is this?
- Any source of stress long maintained over time alters our metabolism and increases the level of cortisol in the blood.
- The higher the level of cortisol, the greater the risk that the level of visceral fat will raise and that it will adhere more easily…
5. You Sleep Little
Remember another fact; “install” in our brain this vital information: sleep less than 6 hours takes away life, health and psychological well-being. Even more, if we spend between 2 or 3 months in a row sleeping between 6 or 5 hours a day, not only will we not be able to reduce the volume of our waistline, but, in addition, we run the risk of gaining weight and developing diabetes .
6. Does your Body have a Pear Shape?
It may seem ironic, but it has its explanation: we talk about the shape of our body and our genetic tendency to accumulate fat in certain areas of our figure.
- There are women who are thinner from the top: face, chest, arms … However, they tend to accumulate weight in the area of the abdomen and hips.
- In this case, and for genetic reasons, it is common that it costs us more to eliminate fat from these areas. However, “difficult” is not synonymous with impossible.
Keys to Lose Fat in the Belly and Get Greater Firmness
We pointed out at the beginning: getting a firm, smooth belly with less fat requires changing many habits of our lives. Now, to achieve this metamorphosis, the ideal is to first promote change in our own mind.
- Thus, simple phrases that we can say to each other on a daily basis are: “I am losing weight” (instead of “I want to lose weight”) or “I am proud of the efforts I am making” (instead of “I am going to make an effort”).
With these sentences we put emphasis on the present action and the desired result and not the simple process that we sometimes neglect or escape. Take note now of recommendations that will help you to achieve it, are some changes that we must think about right now:
- Start the day with a glass of warm water with lemon. During the day he takes sage infusions.
- Consume soluble fiber, reduce the consumption of refined carbohydrates and do not skip any food of the day.
- Eliminate alcohol and Tran’s fats from your diet. Substitutes the latter for the monounsaturated and increases the contribution of proteins.
- Manage stress; perform aerobic exercises and also resistance.
- Sleep between 7 and 9 hours a day.
- Eat fish such as salmon , mackerel, herring, sardines …
- Consume probiotic foods that take care of your intestinal flora
- Follow your diet and these tips in the company of another person.
If we have a common goal with a friend, family member or with our partner we will feel more motivated. To finish, remember also that the results will not be seen in a few weeks or in a month. Actually, these guidelines should always be followed to ensure a good lifestyle and adequate nutrition.