Chia water is a very fresh and delicious drink, and the seed of this plant, provides fiber, protein, antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, provides more than its flavor, provides very useful benefits to the body.
One of the best ways to consume this nutritious seed, is preparing chia water, and in a simple way, has a healthy, refreshing, and nutritious drink, in addition, it helps you lose weight. Commonly consumed and prepared lemon water with chia.
What are the benefits of drinking chia water?
The chia seeds have a high nutritional value, the main benefits it will provide:
- Excellent way to hydrate and nourish the body at the same time
- Its consumption helps in appetite control, providing satiety
- Chia water is a great alternative to provide the body with antioxidants, which will help prevent cellular oxidation and premature aging
- Vegetarian people can safely add chia water to their diet
- It is recommended as a great option, to complement the diet and / or plans to lose weight, stimulating, due to its content to achieve that goal in a natural and healthy way. This, promoting the elimination of adipose (fat) tissue accumulated in the body.
- It is a rich source of fiber
- They help you improve your digestion thanks to the high fiber content
How to prepare healthy and rich chia water to lose weight
Before preparing the chia water, you have to keep in mind that you like thick drinks so much.
If you like very thick drinks, you should add more tablespoons of chia, the fewer spoonfuls, less thick.
The second question you should ask yourself is: What is my favorite drink? Or, what do I want to drink right now?
The beauty of chia is that you can continue with all the drinks you can imagine, from all the types of tea that exist, to all the fruit waters that you can crave, even with coffee you can do it.
Well, I have chosen to make chia water with jamaica, I particularly love jamaica, besides being a diuretic it has a sour taste that I like very much.
The first thing I do is prepare the chia, so that it has that thick touch that I like, so for each cup of water I add 3 tablespoons of chia.
Since we have the measures, we only combine both ingredients, water and chia, and we can do two things, leave it overnight in the refrigerator or wait 10 to 15 minutes to thicken, it’s a matter of taste, the longer it solidifies more.
We wait a few minutes. We can prepare the water that you like the most, in my case, I prepare Jamaica water.
Once we have the water of Jamaica and the chía already ready and thick, we begin to combine both ingredients; the advantage in this case is that you can give it the thickness you like.
How to prepare chia water with Jamaica:
Preparation time: 5 mins
- 10 grams Chia
- Jamaica flower
- In ½ cup of water, soak the chia seeds (it is advised that this soaking be at least half an hour or longer, before preparing chía water with Jamaica.
- In a pot add the flower of Jamaica with water, boil it for 15 minutes. The amount of Jamaica varies in taste, I like to put 50 grams per 2 liters of Jamaica, this gives a very strong flavor and color, as you can see in the photographs.
- Once the water of Jamaica is cold, we add the previously soaked chia seeds and if you like you can add a sweetener such as stevia or splenda
- Serve, and want, decorate with soaked Jamaica flower, and add ice to taste.
In this preparation / recipe, the caloric intake of chia water, is very low, only 29 kcal per serving, there is no doubt, of being a great alternative to healthy, low calorie, nutritious and delicious drink, which will accompany the daily food.
How to prepare chia water with lemon
This recipe is very simple too; it is practically making lemon water and adding the chia mixture soaked in water.
First we squeeze the lemons in a glass, and let the chia soak.
Mix the chia with the lemon juice.
At the end we add water to taste to control the thickness of the drink, and decorate it with a slice of lemon.
Chia water with lemon
Preparation time: 10 minutes
The most popular and rich way to prepare chia water, is with lemon, thus intensifying the beneficial effects to health, since, this citrus is very nutritious
2 tablespoons of chia seed
12 pieces of lemon
1 liter of water
½ cup natural stevia sweetener
Ice to taste
- In ½ cup of water, soak the chia seeds (it is advised that this soaking be at least half an hour or longer, before the preparation of chia water with lemon.
- Once the lemons are washed and well dried, cut them in halves, reserve some slices for the final decoration if desired.
- With the help of a juicer or manually, extract the juice from all the pieces.
- Blend this juice mixture, along with water, sweetener and chia seeds, previously soaked.
- Serve, and want to, decorate with a few slices of lemon, previously reserved, and add ice to taste.
And to enjoy the water of chia with lemon, it should be noted that there are various recipes to prepare this delicious beverage, in some cases, only add the chia, without grinding along with the other ingredients, or, you can take advantage of the skin of the lemon, and you can grind it. In short, the idea is to make the most of the benefits they bring to the organization.
How to prepare cold coffee with orange, lemon and cinnamon
This coffee is very easy to prepare, basically it is a cold American espresso with an orange, lemon and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, all totally stirred and ready to be enjoyed.
Cold coffee with tangerine, orange, lemon and cinnamon
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup of coffee
- The juice of an orange
- The juice of a tangerine
- One lemon’s juice
- 1 Tablespoon chia
- 1 envelope of stevia
- Prepare a cup of coffee with the preferred method (In my case it was aeropress).
- Add a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon to coffee
- Squeeze the juice of an orange, tangerine, and lemon over the coffee.
- Strain the coffee to filter any type of seed
- Add a spoonful of previously prepared chia (chia with lemon).
- Enjoy this rich coffee with citrus, cinnamon and chia
These are some recipes that you can prepare with chia, I hope and enjoy it, you can combine the chía with how many juices and waters you know, I have done it with countless recipes that I have been experimenting.
We have another guide with 5 recipes of how to take the chia to lose weight, from the chia gel to the chia smoothie click here to read it.
How to lose weight if you are over 35
After 35 years the metabolism of each person changes. You do not have the same metabolism as when you were 20 years old. You can not eat the same and do the same as a person of 20 years, you should limit yourself more with the calories and the type of foods that are in your diet, and chia is an excellent food to include in your daily diet.
Recommended Site: Chia Seeds Health Benefits